In the May 2010 edition of Capability Matters, I discussed the issue of creating accountability for change management. In this edition I would like to provide some assistance for those managers, usually the team leaders, who need to support and/or implement a change decided on by someone else.
In times when changes are being imposed on a manager and their team, the manager has a number of matters to attend to if they are to be effective at leading and facilitating that change. These include:
- Ensure their own needs are met
- Collecting and disseminating good information
- Anticipating questions and problems
- Supporting individual’s needs
- Keeping the work happening
- Being a role model for living with uncertainty
At OCS we have elaborated on and can assist with each of these points. If you would like to discuss this further, you guessed it, feel free to contact us.